Friday, July 8, 2016

LIFE MATTERS

LIFE MATTERS!  
 
 
I do not intend to diminish the feelings of others, and I mean no sarcasm or disrespect against anyone supporting #BlackLivesMatter or #BlueLivesMatter. 
To God, we are all LIFE, created in His image (Genesis 1:27), and to Him, we ALL matter. 
 
I am a white woman in America and a Christian. I strive to understand the feelings of those who are different from me. Last year, I read Benjamin Watson's book, Under Our Skin and it changed me. I have always wanted to be thoughtful and considerate to others, but when you aren't walking in someone else's shoes, it is impossible to really understand them. This book helped me, just a little to try and walk in the shoes of someone different from me. 
 
I pray for truth and peace and justice and love to reign in the hearts of all Americans, but I feel that we must come together for this to happen and not separate into various groups. The one thing that can truly being is all together and bring Truth, Peace, Justice and Love is The Word of God. 
His word tells us that the greatest two commandments are, “Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37-39‬ And His word tells us HOW to do these two things. The book of 1 John goes into detail about loving God and loving our brother. 1 John 5:2 says, “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.”
‭‭
 
The ONLY way we will see any significant change to the problems of hate and separation in our country is if we all turn to our Holy, Righteous, Merciful and Loving Father in Heaven. We need to start with ourselves and our families and spread the message from there to our friends and neighbors. Please get out your copy of His word and study it and pray to Him for understanding to carry out His will for your life and to help bring change to our nation by drawing us all closer to Him. 
 
(LIFE filter over image came from https://standforlife.org/)

No comments :

Post a Comment