Friday, December 25, 2015

Never Say Never


I've heard this saying my whole life, but NEVER has it had more meaning to me than this year. I'm almost afraid to use the word again!

I was NEVER going to have an inside dog....until now. It all started when my oldest daughter made a Christmas wish list for her Mimi. She said that she wanted a dog, but that she knew she probably couldn't have one, because  "Momma says no inside dogs". 


Upon hearing about this wish, I began asking her questions about why she wanted a dog. As I listened to her, I suddenly had the overwhelming desire to give that baby a dog!

When I approached my husband about the subject, he stared at me in disbelief and said, "Well that was unexpected!"  After thinking about it for a few days, Josh finally decided it would be alright. 

So, Mimi began the long process of finding just the right dog.  With a little girl who suffers with asthma and has had to spend weeks on a rescue inhaler after a sleepover at a home with dogs, we knew we had to be careful. This daughter has spent quite a bit of time at a good friends house who has a Coton de Tulear (Coton). This never seemed to affect her asthma, so we asked the friend for the name of the breeder of their dog. After a lengthy process and Mimi being "interviewed" extensively by the breeder, she was finally able to go pick up a puppy. 

Then came the planning process for the biggest Christmas Eve Gift my children have ever had. Mimi worked hard to keep the surprise and make it a magical moment for the kids. I think that she felt the efforts were worth it!  The reactions were priceless. 


So here we are, loving a sweet little dog IN the house ❤️





Stay tuned for part two of my "Never Say Never" story!






No comments :

Post a Comment